MGR supports Topaz Signature Pad
MGR supports the Topaz signature pad for capturing electronic signatures. This will enable more convenient signature capture to make the verification process smoother for your users.
Note for stores using Topaz Signature Pads: Topaz drivers must be installed on the computer/laptop otherwise it will NOT work.
Here is everything you need to set up electronic signatures using Topaz on MGR:
- Topaz Signature Pad
- Topaz Plugin Installation File – If you want to just download the installer, here are the direct links:
- Models ending in -BSB-R and -BBSB-R
- Models ending in -HSB-R, -BHSB-R, and -B-R
- Enable the Topaz signature pad in the Shop Settings. Now after you make a payment, and for the Intake Form, the signature pad will be changed to use the Topaz browser plugin.
*Note, printing is a second or two slower with signatures – when we build the pdf we have to also build the signature image which takes a second or two.
We recommend the mid-range model that supports the e-ink so people can see what they were writing. On that page click “Download Plugin” and install that. It will ask what model/series you have and ask you to reboot.
If you do get it installed and it’s not working, here are some things to try:
- You might have an outdated certificate from Topaz that is blocked. You can download the following file and run it as an Administrator, then reboot your system.http://www.topazsystems.com/software/sigweb_update_Cert21.exe
- Go to topaz and try their demo page: http://www.topazsystems.com/web.html – if you try one of those first couple tests, and they work, that means you probably have a working installation.
- Reinstall the Topaz SigWeb Plugin. You can uninstall the previous versions of any Topaz software from the Control Panel first if you already have some software installed. It’s important that you download and install the plugin from this knowledge base article and not the main Topaz website. Check the model number on the back of your signature pad and download the corresponding plugin above.
- Check if you have a Topaz Service running. You can do this by opening up your Start Menu, typing “Services.msc” (without quotes), and then searching through that list for a Service that starts with “Topaz”. If you do not see a service there, you may have to reinstall the Topaz SigWeb Plugin.