From time to time, we come across unauthorized activity on MyGadgetRepairs accounts. A common trend with the accounts that we investigate is hackers and fraudsters gaining access to login credentials.
To safeguard your account and login details, we recommend that you:
- Regularly change your passwords. Regularly changing your current passwords with new ones is an effective way to improve security.
- Use a strong password (not less than 8 digits, include special characters, letters, and numbers).
- Do not use the same password for multiple online services.
- Type in the https://www.mygadgetrepairs.com/ URL yourself in your browser.
- Use IP whitelisting which allows you to create lists of trusted IP addresses or IP ranges from which your users can access MyGadgetRepairs.
- Use Two-factor authentication (2FA) also known as two-step verification or multifactor authentication.
- Developers: Use API keys to limit the inconvenience of password changes.
- Developers: Use IP whitelisting (when creating the API key) which allows you to create lists of trusted IP addresses or IP ranges from which your users can access MyGadgetRepairs.
Another tip is to always be on the lookout for phishing attacks. These attacks specifically target login information by asking you to click on the link and enter your details.
If you discover unauthorized activity on your account, change your password immediately and contact our support team.