As a marketing automation platform that delivers emails, we are required to enforce spam laws. Spam negatively impacts deliverability rates, and we want to make sure your emails reach their recipients. We have some very strict rules that must be adhered to in all countries, but you may find that your country has additional requirements.
- Unsubscribe link must be in all campaigns.
- You must include your contact information inside every promotional campaign that you send, including a physical mailing address or PO Box where you can receive mail. (Not a website or email address.)
- You may not falsify your contact information or subject line.
- Even if you are outside the EU, our servers live in the EU. We have to make sure all EU standards are observed.
- We require that your emails comply with the CAN-SPAM Act. If you break the rules, you could be liable for hundreds of pounds for each recipient that you sent non-compliant messages to.
- In addition to CAN-SPAM rules, you must comply with the anti-spam laws of the countries your recipients live in. So if you’re sending to UK residents and US residents, for example, check the UK spam laws to make sure you’re also the UK compliant.
- Make sure you have SPF record setup.